EMMA 2020 Inspiration


    I always have a soft spot for classic stories, especially from Jane Austen. This year, a new adaptation of Emma is out and I'm in love with it. There are so many adaptations, and my favorite is the 2009 tv series adaptation. This 2020 Emma adaptation also becoming my favorite lately. The wardrobes, the aesthetic, the actresses and actors, the set, it's wonderful. We can see the Regency era in every detail of this film. My favorite would be Mr. Woodhouse and Emma Woodhouse home, Heartfield, with a pastel hue for the interior, looks very contrast with Emma personality, yet enchanting, much to her persona.

    Of course we couldn't forget about the wardrobe, I think they did well in representing Regency era style. Ditching the conventional corset, Regency era dresses mostly with high waisted shape, and inspired by Greek and Roman silhouette. 

    In this post, I will give you some modern outfit inspiration from Emma character. Something you could wear daily or for some special event. Enjoy!



    First time I saw this yellow coat is from the poster, Emma looks radiant and we can see her personality from it. She wears it with her daily dress in white, and matched it with black headpiece and black boots. Her clutch also has the same color palette to her outfit. I think the contrast yellow and black giving her the sophistication and a little edge. 

    To wear this style in the modern era, you can wear a stream line yellow coat over your delicate lace dress, and add the black boots. Accessorize it with a black beret, to make it more put together, choose a cute flower pattern for your bag, and jewelry. 






    Emma wears a lot of simple white dresses that makes her look delicate and gentle, I think the way her daily dresses were more detail on the lace pattern. She is also wearing a lot of light scarf with a different color, pattern and material. 

    Find a mid length creamy dress with intricate lace patterns for a modern touch. Used a beautiful satin scarf as accessories. To keep it delicate, wear flower shape earrings.





    I love the Spencer jacket, it looks very sophisticated. Emma was wearing pink, a color that softens her attitude. I think in some scene, we can see her vulnerability despite her selfish and manipulative personality. Her headpiece is always marvelous.

    I think Spencer jacket still being used in the modern era. Get a pastel color Spencer jacket or a crop top, and wear it over a cute long lace dress. Don't forget the hat or hairpiece, choose the pastel like color. And you good to go ♥




Have you watched Emma 2020?
What do you think about the movie?
Do you like my inspiration outfit?
Tell me in the comment section below.

sign amira

1 comment :

Thank you for your comments :)
Follow me and i'll follow you back

My Instagram

Copyright © The A Word. Made with by OddThemes