A Bit of Grunge


    The emerged of 90's culture this pas few years is getting more broader and it creates a new trend of subculture aesthetic. As I explored the Instagram, I saw many kinds of aesthetic that the kids nowadays is doing. From an E-girl, VSCO girl, Cottage girl, dark academia, etc. Also, grunge aesthetic is reappear and it's becoming such a cool identity. 


    Grunge style was originally coming from the music scene. The style is actually a mixed between punk and metal. As it started in the middle of the 80's and become more widely known in the 90's. The style main point at the time was band t-shirt, ripped jeans, and layered it with a flannel shirt. The girls doing a messy hair, and a light complexion base makeup, but with a strong lip color such as red, brick red, and dark brown. Some mixed metal chain and vintage jewelry with combat boots to finalize the whole look. 


    There is a soft grunge where the stylistic approach were fusing grunge style with pastel color or floral pattern. Using a cute accessory that contrasting the band t-shirt, like a pastel choker, and pink chain necklaces. It's becoming more friendly look than the original grunge. 


    I tried the grunge style, but in a moderate way. I wear a brown shirt from Uniqlo, and paired it with a dungaree, brown boots, and the dark green socks. I'm playing around with beaded rings and bracelet just to give it a bit of my personality. 



You can watch my grunge makeup tutorial on my YouTube channel.

So what do you think about grunge style?
Do you like my outfit?
Tell me in the comment section below.

sign amira




4 comments :

  1. Love everything about this style and your outfit.
    Happy 2021!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color combo of your overalls outfit, soft blue and tawny brown goes well together :)

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments :)
Follow me and i'll follow you back

My Instagram

Copyright © The A Word. Made with by OddThemes