Singapore Travel Part 1

airport ootd

      Good Sunday everyone!, I hope you all having a great weekend.This post would be the promised I made before, it's about my short trip to Singapore. I go with two of my so called best friend. So the three of us spend four days and three nights. We fly from Jakarta via Soekarno Hatta Airport and landed in Changi Airport, Singapore. We fly with Jetstar airlines, and it's a pretty good  flight.

airport style

      We took the afternoon flight, so we arrived on early evening. This trip was my first time in Singapore, so I was super excited. The other two were already been to Singapore before so they have more experience at Changi airport. I was amazed by the Rain Vortex in Jewel complex inside Changi, especially in the night time, with the lighting and music, it's very beautiful ♥

travel with friendssingapore travel

      After a good time in Changi, we get to our hotel by MRT. We stayed at Champion hotel near the Joo Chiat road complex. The hotel rate was pretty cheap, but it's decent enough, clean and neat. I don't have the hotel photos, because sometimes I was to immerse with life and forgot to take some picture.  

singapore travel

      The next day, after a good sleep. Our itinerary in the morning was going to Haji Lane to take an ootd picture. Haji Lane is like a narrow street with shop houses all along the street. The shop was colorful and it's a nice backdrop for an ootd picture. You could check my ootd photos in here Fun Dungarees. The back alley of the shop houses was decorated with full mural, it's very quirky indeed. 

singapore travel

singapore travel

singapore haji lane

      You could get a ton of nice picture in this area only. If you like artsy places, this area is a must to visit if you ever come to Singapore. But it's better to come in the early morning where it's less crowded. Even though the shop still closed and open at 10 AM. 

singapore arab street

singapore arab street

       Walking a little, there we got into Arab street and Sultan Mosque. This area is a Muslim complex, we got this Mideast inspired architecture and decoration. The shop houses and restaurant building still a local Peranakan style, but the interior is in Mideast style, so it's a very unique vibe. The Sultan Mosque looks very grand with the golden dome. It felt like a Disney Aladdin palace.

singapore sultan mosque

singapore sultan mosque

singapore sultan mosque

national museum of singapore

      After lunchtime at Arab street area, we walk a bit farther into this colonial style building which a National Museum of Singapore. It's located on Stamford road, I think if you are too tired to walk, you could take a taxi or bus to get here. In my case, we were immersed in exploring the area by walking. It's fun even though exhausting. 

national museum of singapore  travel

      You could feel the British architecture here. Singapore really good on preserving a heritage building I think. It's a modern country, but still full of history in every corner. You could check out my ootd photos that were taken inside the building here Birthday #170819. The museum itself has many exhibitions to see.

national museum of singapore

national museum of singapore ootd


       After a long hour exploring the museum, which is very big and has a lot to see. We go back to the hotel and eat dinner. That's for the first part of my trip, really hope you find it interesting. Till the next part ♥

What do you think of Singapore?
Have been to Singapore before?
Tell me in the comment section below.


sign amira

3 comments :

  1. What an awesome time in Singapore! We visited there in January and really enjoyed it. We loved the zoo and Gardens by the Bay. I'm sad we missed Haji Lane as it looks really cool. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it's such a lovely place to travel. So bad I didn't go to the zoo, but manage to get to Garden by The Bays in the evening. Thank you for stopping by Riana ♥

      Delete
  2. Great pics! And it's nice the contrast with the narrow coloured streets and the skyscrapers on the back! :)
    Fifty Shades Fashion Blog
    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments :)
Follow me and i'll follow you back

My Instagram

Copyright © The A Word. Made with by OddThemes